Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Justin's Junior Chef Bloggette - Spider Wienies


I am back in the City after camping, a week cottaging and sleep over camp.  I love summer.  Lots to do and lots of places to visit.

I really like camping.  My favourite night time camping snack is Spider Wienies.  I also like S'mores and Jiffy Pop.

Spider Wienies kind of look like a spider but also like a crab but Spider Wienies sounds better than Crab Wienies doesn't it???

Here is our secret method for making the best tasting campfire wieners ever!

Take your wiener and make a cut right through the wiener at both ends.  Make sure to leave a couple of inches of the wiener whole in the middle.

Flip your wiener over and make a second cut through it at both ends.  You will then have 4 arms on each end.

Stick your wiener on your long handled BBQ fork.

Place your wiener over the open camp fire and cook until slightly brown.

Be sure to keep turning it for even cooking.





Watch as the the arms of the "Spider" curl back.


Let the wiener cool a bit before you eat it.

Then repeat, repeat and repeat until all the kids are full!



2 comments:

  1. I am hoping very much to having some of these yummy spiders when I go to the cottage with you Justin

    Ja.ME.$

    ReplyDelete