Monday, March 14, 2011

Roasted Asparagus

This is one of my favourite vegetables and my favourite way to prepare it.  And I find it endlessly funny that it makes your pee smell funny.  So does Justin.  What can I say....I am a 10 yr old at heart.

2 lbs asparagus
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Snap ends off asparagus where it bends.  Place oil in the bottom of an oven safe dish.  Add asparagus and salt and toss to coat.  Roast uncovered in oven for 6-10 minutes or until asparagus is fork tender.  Note:  The overall cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your asparagus.

2 comments:

  1. I love asparagus. (By coincidence, we're having white asparagus with dinner tonight.) Thank you for reminding us how wonderful this delicious vegetable can be. Asparagus is so good, it's well worth the, um, side effects. lol

    Ben
    http://kissthecook-ben.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is method in my madness Ben. My friend gave me a great idea for a post series so I am building the underlying recipes one at a time. This is side dish for one of the menus I am working on.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete