Sunday, May 1, 2011

Boursin Cheese Mashed Potatoes

I really enjoy mashed potatoes and find them to be the perfect vehicle to add really great flavour to.  In this case, I am adding a package of herbed Boursin cheese...pretty simple but yummy.  The alternative is to add a log of goat cheese, but I thought I would try this version out since I have a close friend who has an allergy to goat cheese, so I wanted an alternative.  Turned out really well.


Boursin cheese is a soft and creamy cheese, with a texture similar to cream cheese. It comes in a variety of flavours and I find incorporates into hot dishes like mashed potatoes easier than goat cheese.

Boursin Cheese Mashed Potatoes
6 medium sized mashing potatoes, scrubbed
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup hot milk
1 package Boursin Cheese with herbs
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Peel and quarter the potatoes and put them into a large saucepan with enough cold water to cover them. Add 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until they are fork tender.

Heat the milk in a glass measuring cup in the microwave or in a small saucepan. Add to the potatoes and mash thoroughly. Stir in 2 tablepsoons of butter. Mix in the Boursin cheese, bring back to heat, and serve immediately.


3 comments:

  1. So nice to know that you are always thinking of me !

    XOXO
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well your wife and son might get a little mad at me if I killed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not so sure about that ;-)


    J

    ReplyDelete