Sunday, September 19, 2010

Monday Dinner - Rustic Chicken Mushroom Stew


Just went in the oven...

http://www.compliments.ca/en/Recipes/Recipe.aspx?ID=11810

Well the results are mediocre.  I guess that's what I get from picking a recipe from the Sobey's flyer but it looked good.

I ended up dumping in a glass of wine last night after I tried the cooked dish.  Really needed some help because "as is" it was bland.  I don't think I'll bother with this one again.



Used up:
1 frozen package chicken drumsticks
1 frozen package chicken thighs
misc. vegetables from the crisper
half used bag of farfalle pasta
misc. single and mismatched buns from the freezer

3 comments:

  1. My only changes to this one were we used the half red pepper and half yellow and 2 fresh Ontario field tomatoes in the fridge, and I used dried basil and oregano.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm...sounds good on paper, too bad it didn't work out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although not up to the standards you have attained/set, it wasn't as bad as it may sound. The wine definitely helped. And we used up 2 of the 15 packages of chicken I counted.

    ReplyDelete