Monday, September 20, 2010

Tuesday

Kids lunches today:

 - Left over turkey and bean chili from the freezer and a cheese bun+ fruit for T-Rex
- Sub sandwhich with lettuce and tomato, side caesar salad and grapes for the older one
- Leftovers from last night for us

Neat idea - I took out 2 extra buns and made up 2 more sandwiches, wrapped them tightly and froze them for next week.  Because the Adventurous Teen is diabetic, I just wrote his carb count on the plastic wrap with a sharpie.  Also he likes mayo and the Rex not so much.

Dinner:  Penne a la Vodka

Simple dinner tonight making use of a jar of prepared Tomato Vodka sauce I picked up in Target when we were in the U.S. last week, whole wheat penne (Costco) and a mixed green salad w balsamic dressing.  Cool thing we started to do was add herbs to our salads.  Tonight it will be fresh dill and a bit of parsley.

Before I left for work today, I put about 2 cups of black beans in to soak.  Cooked them in plain water for about 45 min. tonight.  Also picked up a box of peeled and chopped sweet potatoes on the weekend so I cooked them in my toaster oven (so as not to heat up the place too much). Just sprayed the tray and the tats and cooked at 375 for 40 minutes.  Tomorrow night they will be turned into...Sweet Potato Black Bean Salad (recipe to follow).

5 comments:

  1. That sounds good...all of it!

    Working through all the different kinds of rice we have...and all the beans! Maybe a bean/rice combo..I don't know.

    Also, what would you do with single frozen hot dog or hamburger buns? Have a few of those in my freezer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, lets cut them in half, put cheese on them and toast them. Good with leftover soup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. take them to the park and feed the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give a bird a bun and he'll eat for the day. Teach a bird to bake bread and you'll really be on to something.

    ReplyDelete