Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday: The Plan for Week 2...

is to have a plan!  Last week when I started writing this, I really had no idea what I was going to do with this blog or what I'd write about.  Still don't to some extent but I am sure it will evolve.  I have decided that this week these are the things I want to get rid of...I expect that whatever they turn into will just flow:

1 can pumpkin pie filling
1 can PC thai hot'n'sour soup
more english muffins than you could shake a stick at!
3 half used packages of small sized wraps
cans of refried beans
2 chicken breasts getting dangerously close to being freezer burnt
1 package chicken thighs
1 HUGE can of enchilada sauce
2 packages of peameal bacon
1 giant can plumb tomatoes

So, the chicken thighs we will run through my KitchenAid with the grinder attachment and make a chicken chili with kidney beans.  That will use some tomatoes.  We have lots of spices in the cupboard.  I also like to add in some soy protein grounds (we get those at MEC) to stretch the chili farther and no one notices.

A very large tomato sauce from the rest of the tomatoes - some cooked down more for pizza sauce, the rest to be put in a container for later in the week. Some will go into plastic bags and into the freezer for Naan pizzas next week.

So for the english muffins....quick dinner or lunch of tuna melts? english muffin pizzas?  any other ideas folks?

I am also seeing chicken and bean enchiladas in my future.

The pumpkin pie filling will go into a soup, probably with the thai soup and maybe some coconut milk, cilantro, and who knows what else.  But I will let you know - I don't have great faith in this one but it all has to go!

=========================

Notes:  The pumpkin pie filling- thai thing turned into a bit of a disaster.  Turned out too sweet for soup though the flavour was quite interesting once I added kaffir lime leaves to the soup.  Maybe regular pumpkin and unsweetened coconut milk might work.  There is something there to be explored.

Don't know what we did wrong but the grinding chicken thing tanked.  Not sure if we didn't assemble the grinding attachment properly but it just didn't work well at all.  Anyway, chili is in the crockpot.

No comments:

Post a Comment