Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays...

Another cold, wet Monday in Toronto.  Sigh.  So the good news is that the butternut squash risotto recipe from yesterday was really, really good.  Everyone enjoyed it and I think Om has been converted to a squash eater.  Finally.  I was surprised that T-Rex actually liked it since he seems to complain every time he is served rice that isn't "white" i.e. plain steamed white rice.

Tonight we are making good use of left overs, turning the remaining roast beef into sandwiches or wraps with the addition of blue cheese and roasted red peppers.  Using up some canned soup that is in the cupboard to chase away the cold.  Not enough risotto left to be worth doing anything with.

4 comments:

  1. This was supposed to be posted yesterday but my internet decided to be messed up so I was unable to post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much risotto? That's where risotto cakes come from...just one or two each for an appetizer. As far as I can remember, you chill it, add something to bind it (egg, breadcrumb, parmesan cheese), then fry it up in a bit of oil until it's crispy.

    Everything else you are doing sounds great!!! thanks for doing this blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was barely anything left. A scraping and a bit. It went over well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann
    I am telling my son about your risotto cakes. He used orzo to make a cheesy risotto at Thanksgiving. My kids all wolfed it down but there was just a weird amount left..
    I am enjoying your Blog foodiemom!

    ReplyDelete